Big Changes Here, There, And Everywhere
See, we got a little crazy while Thrifting for Profit last year, and before we realized it, we'd acquired a huge inventory for eBay along with the stuff we wanted to ship to Amazon. This is the result.
But I digress, because there's a little more to this story.
When last I blogged, we were hunkered down in the Argosy in the Lucky Too RV Park out by Elgin. You may recall that last year, about this time as a matter of fact, we had to abandon our plans in order to care for my adult disabled son, who was at risk due to a change in the roomies living at his brother's house. So for almost a full year, he resided with us in a space that was totally inadequate for his physical size. It took a toll on everyone, and along the way we had some damages to the Argosy that really needed to be addressed that were impossible to repair with all 3 of us living in it.
That's how we came to rent an apartment in north Austin in February. So now the yellow wagon sits in one storage yard, while the Argosy sits in another, and we are sort of "camping" in a 2 bedroom 2.5 bath townhouse apartment that's only 2 miles from our daughter.
So far, so good, except ...
- Moving in wiped out every shred of savings we had managed to accumulate
- We'd only been here a few days when Bob fell down the stairs and had to be transported to the ER by ambulance
- We discovered that rats have demolished most of the stuff in storage, so we have a huge chore ahead of us to divest ourselves of the damaged goods
- Daughter's alcoholic room mate has had multiple drunk in public episodes, and we've been involved with some of that drama
- Discovered Son had run out of meds and had to make an ER trip for an emergency refill, of course we discovered this after he flipped out as a result of not taking his meds ...
- And, last but not least, the Cold From Hell that has kicked our proverbial butts bigtime for nearly the entire month and still won't let go some 4 weeks later.
Oh, I'm sure there's more, but ... you get the idea. Excrement Occurs and Shift Happens and no matter how bad it gets, it's still good to be alive and that which does not kill us makes us stronger... or so "they" say, whoever the heck THEY are.
So here it is March 1 and time to pay the rent again and we have only managed to empty the Argosy and make ONE lousy load from storage, most of which is still piled up in the living room because I've been too sick to work on it much.
So ... this morning I broke down and applied for another visit to the sliding fee scale clinic, hoping this time somebody there will listen to what's going on with this god-awful gut pain and muscle spasms in my back, and help me figure out what's causing it so we can maybe make it go away. Got my fingers crossed anyway.
Been thinking a lot about dying and what's going to happen to me when hubby expires, since I have only his income at the moment, and also what's to become of my son when I expire. Not pretty, these thoughts. But ... on the bright side, I've been recording videos of my music so my kids will have them to remember me by.
I've stopped worrying about what I look like or how I sound, I just want to leave some memories of the music. Here's what that looks like.