The countdown to my 19 weeks in the Coffeyville Amazon warehouse is on! Amazon will start paying for our spot on August 10, which is actually one day less than 3 weeks away.
Our space rent is paid here until the 6th of August, but we wanted to leave early to have more time in Coffeyville before starting, but now I'm not so sure that's wise.
The thing is, I've got my new Amazon seller's account just set up, and I have a storage unit that's half full of products that I've sourced for selling, and haven't listed yet. Some of it will have to go on eBay, but anything with a UPC that's already in the Amazon database is fair game, and IF (that's one big IF, by the way) I can find enough things to list to make moving into FBA sooner rather than later worthwhile, then I have less than 3 weeks to do that.
That's where it gets a little sticky for me. The weather has been so hot that I haven't been able to do much in the storage unit - we are darned lucky that we managed to get everything moved into one unit, and it's not well packed or organized right now. So I'm pondering whether or not to attempt doing this now in the 2 to 3 weeks I have left her, or if my attention would be better spent working on some of my online projects that have multiplied like mushrooms.
I bought the No Cost Income Stream resale rights, and I have not yet set up my own sales page, in large part because I'm still working my way through the videos. So I'm just promoting the course as it sits on Clickbank.
I'm blogging daily about the process of selling on Amazon on my blog "Online Income, Honestly" and in order to keep in having new stuff to write about, I sure need to keep doing things. Which is why I am even thinking about trying to list more stuff in the next couple of weeks.
Of course I'm still working on my Squidoo Lenses, because that's where most of my affiliate income is coming from. I'm CCGAL on Squidoo, too, and if I forgot to mention it, I just won the 250 lens award last week.
But, getting ready to go, that's got to be our number one priority. Making sure we have everything on board that we are going to need for the next 5 months, so we don't end up running out to buy things we forgot.
Carrying items for shipping is not an option - not only is there no room to carry it, we are going to be so busy and so tired for the next few months, we are not going to feel like packing and shipping much of anything. So I will either have to ship things in on FBA, or put the store on vacation hold. Given that FBA will require at minimum the $40/month pro account, I would need to ship in enough product to earn revenue of at least $200 between now and the end of the year. That makes it much easier to determine the priority of my various options. Cost vs benefit analysis. Now I will need to go look at my stock in storage so I can make an informed decision and exercise good judgement in the process.